"My Voice"

Order a paperback or Kindle Edition or e-book of "My Voice: A Physician's Personal Experience with Throat Cancer," the complete 282 page story of Dr. Brook's diagnosis, treatment, and recovery from throat cancer.

Order a paperback or Kindle Edition or e-book of "The Laryngectomee Guide," the 170 page practical guide for laryngectomees. To obtain a free paperback copy fill this form and mail it to J. Harrison 11390 W. Theo W. Allis, WI 53214, or fax it to 414 227 9033. The Guide can also be requested by emailing to customersupport.us@atosmedical.com

Obtain and/or view a video presentation, a slide presentation and an instructive manual how to ventilate laryngectomees and neck breathers (free). A self examination guide for detection of primary and recurrent head and neck cancer is available.

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Article in Archives of Otolaryngolgy Head and Neck Surgery ( Brook I. Neck Cancer- A Physicians’ Personal Experience. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2009;135:118. )

The article I wrote about my personal experiences as a cancer patient was published in the Reflection section.

To request a reprint contact the author.

1 comment:

  1. Dr. Brook - I just read your book. I am also a pediatrician and a stage III throat cancer survivor. It has been difficult for me at times as I felt I made many poor decisions during my care and I also felt I got treatment from some horrible physicians. Your book helped me a lot to continue to get past these issues. I think we have a lot in common in regard to the care we got and, thankfully, in the outcome. I am eight years out. In the process I got divorced largely related to issues during the process. I am currently a pediatric hospitalist in Vail, CO. If you are ever out this way, lunch (soft foods!) on me.
    Jeff Brown, MD
    jeffbrown1@comcast.net
    Cell 970-376-3975

    ReplyDelete